Thursday, October 8, 2009

General Conference

My the morning sessions each day were powerful. I don't think I have ever heard such a powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon that President Holland gave. Give me goosebumps.

Womens' conference was wonderful. I thought Pres Eyring looked a bit thin but his message on our legacy was incredible. I think I will show it for our RS commemoration. I really took a lot away from 2nd Counsellor Barbara Thompson's address of " Mind the Gap". This was the first time I was able to take in all sessions. Reception was poor on our TV for the Sunday am. session so I think for next General Conference we will go to the stake Center for the broadcast and watch the rest at home.

3 comments:

  1. General Conference was amazing. I missed the first hour because of my run, but I have been able to watch that on the internet.

    I really like to go to the Stake Center so I don't get distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that General Conference was amazing. I loved Elder Hollands talk. Talk about powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't able to go to Womens Conference the week before and Lane woke up sick Saturday morning throwing up all over me. After a quick bath, teeth brushed it was back to bed for the little fellow for another 2 hours. By then it was 6:30 in the morning and I just stayed up. Lane lied around on the couch all day and didn't want to eat or drink anything. He did later in the day have a 2 hour nap and woke up feeling much better. We went as a family Sunday to conference. Everyone had the same idea as you Roxanne when they opened up the doors to the gym there were 3 rows of chairs and even those weren't full. I enjoyed Bishop Burtons talk on ITY'S.

    ReplyDelete