So when I embarked on this journey we called parenting, I worked hard to help my kids reach certain outcomes and well that hasn't even been close.
I wanted to be close to my daughters because I wasn't with my mom. I am estranged from her. Well my girls see me when they have time, when they can fit it into their schedule, nothing bett is planned, and if they are not busy. Something went amuck there.
I tried to raise my kids so they wouldn't make the same mistakes I did, they could make their own but I was going to be sure they didn't make mine, but alas most have and it's hard to watch.
Faith is important too me and I have sacrificed and lost much and have been mocked for my beleifs, and I sorrow that it means so little to most of them.
I found out I suck at listening.
There have been some foolish traditions of the fathers that are carrying on, some I tried to prevent and unfortuneatly others I encouraged
I thought I try this blended family thing again, but its more like oil and Vinegar not much blending. A step Parent is way harder than being a parent, next trying to be a good mother in law there have been some bumps in the road there too
There is much going on in their lives that is good and I see the Lords hand in all their lives, but I don't feel I have even close the family I was trying to create. This wasn't how it was suppose to turn out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Be patient, Roxanne. Yes, there are bumps in the road and quite often it feels like you hit brick walls, but in time some of those come down. Remember, there is lots of time. I've learned the important thing is not to burn any bridges. But, also, don't be hard on yourself.
ReplyDeleteI would like to think things have turned out well, despite bumps in the road that each of your children have had.
ReplyDeleteThere is only so much a parent can do to influence a child, sometimes, the child makes their own choices.
But what do I know, I only have an 18 month old. lol.
parenting can be a hit and miss approach and we never really know if we have gotten through until they are grown and on their own. I have seen you in actin Roxanne and I think your doing wonderful. Prayer is a great source of help
ReplyDelete